INTRODUCING AN EXCITING NEW PARTNER
WATCH THIS SHORT VIDEO TO LEARN HOW TO USE THE SELFIE GOLF HOLSTER AND RECORD YOUR SWINGS FOR YOUR ONLINE LESSONS!
HOW IT WORKS:
In order to be eligible for online swing analysis, the student would need to have access to a smart phone or tablet equipped with a high quality video camera and Wi-Fi.
Two important angles when recording your swing are:
Face – On: Camera is directly in front of you, and the entire arc of golf swing must be captured.
Down – the – line: Player is between camera and the target (When watching golf on TV, most shots are recorded from down – the – line position). Again, the entire swing must be captured.
Keys to successful videos:
- ENTIRE GOLF SWING MUST BE CAPTURED FOR PROPER ANALYSIS. Try to fit every position in the golf swing in the camera shot.
- Face-On videos should be taken directly in front of the golfer with the camera level with any are between shoulders and waist high.
- Down-the-line videos should be taken with the golfer directly between the camera and the target, and from around hip to shoulder high. Camera should be between golfer’s foot alignment and club face alignment.
VIEW MY DEMONSTRATION VIDEO ON THE TWO ANGLES THAT MOST GOLF INSTRUCTION IS ANALYZED AND GIVEN FROM; FACE – ON AND DOWN-THE-LINE
ONLINE GOLF ACADEMY
VISION: I aim to be a pioneer and leader as a teacher and a PGA member. My vision involves creating a benchmark for online golf instruction, having a successful team of PGA Teaching Professionals, and developing the largest national Online Golf Academy.
MISSION: To grow the game, improving and developing golfers of all ages and skill levels, promoting the use of modern technology, and creating new, innovative ways to learn and improve.
Here’s how this works:
If you want to learn, improve, and reach the next level of golf, and do it on your own time, YOU CAN and it’s all online! Signing up is easy. Fill out the accompanying form and answer all required questions. You will then be sent an e-mail with all the required app downloads and directions for what to do next. You will have to download two free apps, HUDL Technique and EduFii App.
In order to improve at anything in life, you must be held accountable. This program is designed to keep you on track with a trail of your progress through the library of your swing videos and a golf “journal” that is a required part of the academy. Your coach will be notified when you post your thoughts about a round and/or a practice session, and this will allow you to leave a trail of your progress and work. I will want you to keep track of your course stats when you go out to play. The e-mail will have an attachment for the kind of stats I want you to keep track of.
All of these aspects are very important and must be completed to improve more efficiently and effectively. So to summarize, here’s what joining the academy will do:
– Swing Analysis using HUDL app (Videos sent on your own time based on a realistic practice schedule)
– Golf Journal using EduFii (Entries made based on your practice sessions at the end of every week, as well as every round played, 9 or 18)
– Mental Game Assessments from Golf State of Mind (Phone/Video calls with David Mackenzie to keep you focused, invested, and on track)
– Golf Specific Fitness plans from Blocks Performance Owner Matthew Mattes (Fitness BLOCKS based on a competitive tournament schedule, golf season, or work schedule)
– Physical Therapy Via Members Only Page with PT Bryan Manarte (If you have limitations, we have therapeutic movements on video to help with these limitations – hip, shoulder, wrist, knee, etc.)
Basically, we’re not giving you much room for excuses. We are willing to accommodate based on your availability to practice, play, and work on your game. You get to improve effectively and efficiently by practicing and playing with a purpose.
TRUST THE PROCESS! Let’s Go Golf. And Play Better!
Michael Midgette, PGA
"Golf is deceptively simple, yet endlessly complicated."
- Arnold Palmer